Hidden away just above Minca town (5 mins walk) and built around old Tairona stones, Casa Loma was the very first hostel in Minca and is a great place to base yourself whilst exploring the surrounding area. Take one of the many great walks up to the Marinka or Poza Azul waterfalls, or wander down to Las Piedras. Additionally due to it’s close proximity to town you can spend some time meeting the local community and visit the many cool little cafes, restaurants and shops the town is becoming famous for.
The hostel itself offers a relaxed vibe, with comfortable dorms and nice private cabanas. Jay the owner and his wife are all about living and working with the local community, and a cool thing to do whilst staying at Casa Loma is visit the local family farm (many of whom work in the hostel). It’s a great day out where the family children will take you up to the farm and show you a day in the life of a real Minca family.
- The First Hostel Ever in Minca!
- In Minca town (the only one on our list)
- Good Vegetarian Food
- Built Around Ancient Tairona Stones
- Very Helpful & Friendly Staff
- Family Farm Tours
- Great views all the way to the ocean
- Super Relaxed Vibe
- Morning Yoga
- Once your in Minca grab your bags and follow the signs up the steps to Casa Loma, simple!
- The steps for Casa Loma are located just behind the small church in the centre of town
- To get in touch visit: casalomaminca.com or call: +57 313 808 6134
Top Tip: Stay in the newly built Casa Luna cabana with your own private balcony that overlooks the valley at the back and is lit by the moon all through the night. You can’t get much more peaceful than this.