Centered in the heart of La Finca Victoria, a 125 year old coffee plantation Casa Viejas (Old House) is ironically the new kid on the block in terms of hostels in Minca. Less than a year old the young french owners have transformed the old house into a new and modern, high-end hostel (without the prices to match).
Designed with a smooth flowing openness that compliments the surrounding scenery, one of things we love about Casa Viejas is their attention to detail. The bathrooms feature exquisite tree mosaics tiled into the walls, and there are cute little homemade ornaments and decorations everywhere you look, like hanging lights made from old Montezuma Oropendola birds nests and beautifully handcrafted backgammon and Carrom boards courtesy of Cha, one of the owners. You can see the care and love they have put into the place. Plus they have hot showers. Boom!
- Hot Water
- Best Hostel Bathrooms Ever!
- Onsite Artisanal Nevada Brewery
- Very Clean Rooms
- Friendly & Professional Staff
- Great Breakfasts
- Comfortable Beds (and blankets)
- Superb views
- Horse Riding Tours
- Get to Minca by bus or taxi and then get a mototaxi (mortorbike taxi) to take you the rest of the way. It’s a nice ride straight up from Minca town, where you will pass one of our favourite Minca secrets; EL Arca, a small roadside cafe and shop run by a sweet elderly German couple who make excellent natural everything ( jam’s, infused fruit liquors, sauces, mosquito repellent, natural cleansing products) as well as a great cup of coffee.
- You will arrive at La Victoria through the cool Nevada microbrewery (you drive through the actual brewery), which sits on the small river before heading up past the main house of La Victoria and across to Casa Viejas.
- To make a reservation visit: Casa Viejas on Facebook or call: + 57 321 523 7613
Top Tip: Try to arrive before dark and the brewery has closed for the day or you might find yourself walking up the coffee hills to Casa Viejas in the rain.