One of the most popular hostels in the area (and also one of the best) Costeño Beach is renowned for it’s breathtaking beauty, great service, and of course it’s excellent surf lessons. The first ever surf hostel in Tayrona, Costeño Beach offers the perfect balance of relaxed beach vibes, good food & drinks, and nice social evenings.
It’s a great place to disconnect from city life (or life in general) and enjoy the various activities the hostel offers, including yoga, onsite massages, daily surf training, ecological walks and many other fun coastal activities. But if you prefer you can just relax on the beach and catch a few waves until the best sunset you have seen (since yesterday) comes along and you head to the bar to enjoy a cool margarita.
As to be expected the hostel has a relaxed young vibe and it’s not uncommon to see the same faces for a week or two. Once you have settle into the Caribbean beach lifestyle you’ll quickly see why it’s so hard to leave this beach paradise.
- Surf lessons & board hire. The waves are not particular big on the Caribbean coast and for this reason Costeño Beach is a great place to learn.
- 10 Minutes form Tayrona National Park
- Right on the beach
- Nice clean & comfortable Cabanas and dormitories
- Great food
- Social suppers. In the evening everyone eats the same meal together, with a choice of vegetarian or meat, giving you the chance to make some new friends and talk about your day in paradise
- Morning Yoga on the beach
- By Bus: Get the bus from el mercado in Santa Marta or from outside Tayrona Park and get it to drop you off at the entrance for Costeño Beach. From here it’s a 20minute walk or 5 minute mototaxi ride.
- By Taxi (cost between 100 and $120,000 COP)
- To make a reservation visit: Costeño Beach or call: +57 310 368 11 91
Top Tip: Reserve before you arrive. This is a super popular hostel and they are often fully booked, so try to book your place before you arrive.