A working coffee farm, bed & breakfast and chocolate & coffee tour all rolled into one El Paraiso de Tuki (known locally as La Candelaria) have been welcoming guests for the past 3 years, but the family that owns and runs the small coffee farm have been living in Minca for 3 generations, and are the most welcoming hosts you could wish for (as is reflected in their excellent ratings on air bnb and booking.com).
Spend your days relaxing on the veranda watching the clouds roll in through the valley as Tuki (the pet toucan) nibbles at your feet. Or take a tour with Eugenio and discover everything about coffee from seed to cup before relaxing with a cleansing chocolate face pack. Eugenio and Ana always have many great stories to tell about the area and the history of Colombia, they will help show you the local area and recommend many excellent jungle walks and activities to do. If your looking for complete peace and tranquility then this is the place for you.
- Stay in a beautiful 100 year old working, organic coffee farm
- Daily Coffee and Cacao Tours (also open to day visitors)
- Breathtaking views of the Sierra Nevada
- Cleansing chocolate face packs
- Meet Tuki the pet Toucan!
- Stay with the friendliest family in Minca
- The best hot chocolate in Colombia! (Perfect for those rainy days).
- Cosy & Private Rooms (They only rent 3 rooms, so you will feel like you have the place all to yourself)
- Great bird watching opportunities
- Close to Mundo Muevo and their Awindua village (20 minutes walk from La Candelaria, ask Anna and Eugenio to show you the way).
- Walk (45 minutes) – Follow the map from Cafe Minca, past the police station up towards Mundo Nuevo until you see the sign for La Candelaria leading off the main path to the right, then continue up through the coffee fields until you reach the white house, with the red roof and yellow poles.
- Take a mototaxi to the entrance of the coffee fields and follow the directions above
- To get in touch visit: elparaisodetukibnb.com or call: +57 321 588 7985
Top Tip: Ask Ana and Eugenio to tell you about their family’s history whilst you enjoy a cool beer or a fresh hot chocolate.